Friday, May 11, 2012

Do You Facebook?

I don't know if it is a happy or a sad day when I find myself using the proper noun "Facebook" as a verb. I also don't know if it is correct. Facebook has a way of messing with grammar anyway. All those statuses with errors in them ---its enough to make me loose my patients. But enough about grammar.

I also know Facebook is infamous for stealing away our time from our husbands, homes and children. It can be totally pointless at times. At least it has that potential.

However, my friend Lorrie Flem of Eternal Encouragement magazine, has decided to change Facebook from a means to fritter away our time to a new resource used for blessing our families. Incidentally, she rarely makes grammar errors and checks on us to make sure we don't either.

As a Gabby Mom, I want to let you know about her Mother's Day party to encourage you and me as moms:


If you have never attended one, let me tell you all about it from my vast experience of having attended....one. Ahem. Yes, I attended the first Eternal Encouragement facebook party which was a blast. This is the second. So, it's new to all of us.

Picture a big party in a big house with lots of rooms. There are interesting, uplifting conversations going on in every room and you want to hear them all so you jump from conversation to conversation trying to take it all in. This is definitely for multi-tasking women. I doubt your husband would enjoy it much.

I definitely can use the motivation promised and a free gift is always nice. If you decide to show up on Facebook sometime between those hours  of 3 and 5 on Monday and you see me on there, let me know you're a Cherish the Call reader. I'd love to say hello to you, too!

Hey! While you're frittering away your time on Facebook gaining lots of encouragement for your mothering, why not stop by our Facebook page which has recently been revamped by Jessica. Let her know she's doing a great job, and feel free to invite your friends to Like our page as well.

Hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment