Friday, January 27, 2012

The Lazy Way to Do Laundry

Laundry....some people hate it, some people actually like it. I'm somewhere in between. I get upset when I can't get a stubborn stain out, and I sometimes have trouble keeping up with the clothing of six people. However, for the most part I like to see neatly folded clothing in drawers and don't mind the process of getting it there.

LAUNDRY
No, this is not my laundry room! I only wish mine were that neat!
I have greatly simplified our laundry routine over the years. Some of you might call me lazy. Maybe I am, but I take the Bible literally when it says my life is "more than raiment". I don't want to spend hours caring for clothing. I have children to love on, train and educate and a husband with which I hope to grow old.

I have a small laundry basket in my bathroom. Everyone puts their dirty clothes in it (or around it) when they get their baths. Every morning, my son takes the basket downstairs to the laundry room, and my daughter starts the first load. My daughter or I switch it at some point. When it is finished, I fold it and put it in a basket, then carry it upstairs to distribute to the dressers and closets.

I don't sort unless it is something that I'm afraid will run. I do try to treat stains myself since my daughter doesn't think to check those usually. If I have a load that needs bleached, I obviously only put whites in! :-)

Since we rest from laundry on Sundays, we usually have a few loads on Monday. We wash sheets and towels on Friday so there are a few extra loads then, too. That's pretty much it. See how lazy I am?


Jessica shares how laundry operates in her house at It's the Little Things. And rumor has it that Joanna has been so busy in the laundry room herself that she didn't get a chance to emerge long enough to post about it.

How do you do laundry at your house?

1 comment:

  1. I don't haha my mom does it for me...yes yes, I knooow :$ hahaha

    ReplyDelete