Thursday, October 6, 2011

Transforming the Useless

Have you ever transformed a seemingly "useless" item into something beautiful and useful? What a rewarding feeling it is! Sometimes all it takes is a little creativity and you have yourself a gorgeous new piece of decor!

Recently, I had the opportunity to do that... I had an old black hamper that was very weather-beaten and missing it's lid! Most people would have just pitched it without a second thought, and I was about to do the same when an idea struck me. I began to work on this hamper. Spray paint was all it took! After a fresh coat of black paint it was no longer looking quite so forlorn. All it needed now was the finishing touch! Since it's Fall, that final touch was two bright yellow Mums. We brought them home and after adding some filler in the bottom of the hamper, the Mums we're happily ensconced in their new home! Now they are a cheery addition to my outside fall decor!

Before I added the Mums but after the coat of fresh paint!

Finished product!



This was just one way I have recently transformed the useless into something useful. There are endless possibilities you can use to decorate your home to be a welcoming place to come home to at the end of the day.

I'm sure you have done this in your home as well, and I would love to hear about your transformation!



Joanna LaVan is a child of the King, wife to her incredible husband, adoring aunt "nana" to her four favorite little people, and Pastor's wife to their Church people in Virginia. Her desire is to share with the world the wonderful reality of sins forgiven. In her spare time she enjoys Kayaking, reading, occasional scrapbooking, cleaning, blogging, and spending time with her wonderful family. She blogs about her life's happenings, and passions at www.lukeandjoannalavan.blogspot.com .

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I always think of great ideas after I get rid of a "useless" item! :-)

    ReplyDelete