If you are here from Growing Real, thank you for stopping by! I apologize for the extra steps you had to take to enter this giveaway, but I'm excited to share it with you as well as my regular Joy Ever After readers. If you are a Joy Ever After reader looking for today's devotional, please check back next Wednesday!
When I first heard of Tropcial Traditions' coconut oil, I admit I was a little skeptical. I'm not a big fan of coconut, but that stems from the fact that I had never tasted it except highly processed and sweetened in desserts. First of all, a little history/science lesson about how it was discovered (after all, I am a home schooling mama!):
Because of my aversion to coconut, when I first ordered from Tropical Traditions, I purchased the Expeller-Pressed Coconut Oil because it was guaranteed to have no coconut smell or taste. I don't use any other oil to fry now. I have used it to fry fish, potatoes and eggs and could tell no difference in taste or texture from any other oil I've used.
When Tropical Traditions offered me a sample of the Virgin Coconut Oil to try, I gladly accepted. When I opened up the jar, the coconut scent was not over-powering at all. It has a delicate scent and, as I used it, a delicate flavor as well. I have used it and loved it in granola, blueberry pancakes and baked oatmeal. I haven't made any desserts for awhile, but I can't wait to try it in other baked goods as well!
I've only used both oils in recipes that were already family favorites, but Tropical Traditions has a whole site of tested recipes in which to use their coconut products. Check it out here.
Still not convinced? Why not try it out? If you purchase coconut oil through one of the links in this e-mail, Tropical Traditions will include a copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil book with your order absolutely free.
BUT WAIT! Tropical Traditions is giving away one quart of their excellent coconut oil to one of my readers.
To Enter (Mandatory): Leave a comment on this post telling us what Tropical Traditions product interests you the most.
For Bonus Entries--LOTS of opportunities:
- Subscribe to Tropical Traditions' newsletter here, and leave me a comment letting me know you did.
- Like Tropical Traditions on Facebook, and leave me a comment letting me know you did.
- Follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter, and leave me a comment letting me know you did.
- Subscribe to Growing Real through a reader or e-mail, and leave me a comment letting me know you did.
- Like Growing Real on Facebook, and leave me a comment letting me know you did.
- Follow Growing Real on Twitter, and leave me a comment letting me know you did.
- Like Joy Ever After on Facebook, and leave me a comment letting me know you did.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product.