Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Trusting in His Strength


I know Jennifer already introduced me, but I’d just like to thank her for asking me to join her and Joanna here on Joy Ever After. Jennifer does a fantastic job with this blog and I look forward to spending time here with her and Joanna, and with all of you, her wonderful readers!  



I remember watching new mothers with their tiny babies and wondering what it would feel like to be a mommy. When our daughter arrived, I discovered that motherhood was more precious than I could even imagine. I was completely in awe! That feeling hasn't changed. My children are my world. So many times I just have to stop, sit back, and gaze at them as the realization hits me anew that these little people are mine! My gifts from God! They have been given to my husband and me to train, and to try to mold into the people God has planned from the beginning for them to be. Wow. What a responsibility! And with that realization comes this thought: I can’t do this alone. No matter how hard I try, I can’t get it all right and I end up frustrated and defeated if I rely on my own strength.  And so, I’m learning to lean on Him; to trust in His strength. Unfortunately, I can be pretty thick-headed at times but, thankfully, He’s patient!            
          

           “The LORD God is my strength;
            He will make my feet like deer’s feet,            
           And He will make me walk on my high hills.”                                
                                                             Habakkuk 3:19

As a parent, (well…as a person in general) I have so much to learn. As I share from my heart on this blog, I hope that you’ll understand that I have never and will never claim perfection in any area. I’m actually encouraging and prodding myself when I write, aiming just a little higher every day as a Christian, wife, and mother. Will you join me on this upward trek? I hope we can have a little fun along the way as well! Oh, and your comments are always welcome! 
~Jessica

Jessica Geise is a follower of Jesus Christ, the wife of an amazing husband, and the mother of four children who are the loves of her life. She is passionate about homeschooling, enjoys spending time with her family more than anything else,  would rather buy a new book than new clothes, is always starting on a diet, and thinks that chocolate is the next-best medicine to laughter. Other than reading, her favorite hobbies are music, decorating, blogging, and making attempts at photography. She blogs about this, that, and the other at www.itsthelittlethings4.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment