Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quick, Easy, and Healthy

As a busy mom that came late to the enjoyment of cooking and even later to my obsession with interest in whole foods, I've adopted three kitchen criteria that I use roughly 90% of the time: Quick, Easy, and Healthy. If a recipe doesn't fit these three categories, it rarely gets on the table at our house.

Generally, this means it has an active preparation time of a half hour or less (this usually stretches to more for me because of all the interruptions---which is all the more reason to make it a quick recipe), has fewer than 10 (and ideally closer to 5) ingredients and is mostly--if not all--real food ingredients. I gave you one of my recipes here so you can get an idea of what I mean.

This summer, I'll share a few of our family favorites and some ways I keep them within my three criteria while also maintaining a reasonable food budget and making food my family loves.

If you have any of your own meals to share, please e-mail them to me. I would love to see them and maybe I'll post a few here--with credit to you, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment