I won't bore you with the details of our summer schedule, but here are my plans to keep up the learning even while enjoying "summer break":
- Have my soon-to-be first-grader read to me every day
- Practice multiplication facts and piano with my soon-to-be fourth-grader every day
- Train all three older children for more excellence in their chores
- Teach my five-year-old to tie his shoes and ride his bike (Busy Mom Confession: I just never got around to buying him shoes that tie or taking the training wheels off his bike yet!)
- Work more with my two-year-old on shapes, colors and alphabet letters
- Make sure they have plenty of time to play and be outdoors
- Field Trips, Nature Walks, Projects---these don't have to stop in the summer!