Friday, February 11, 2011

Homemade and Happiness

Links I've found for homemade goodies I want to try (sooner or later):

The Best Homemade Hot Cocoa @ Women Living Well
Homemade Apple Cider Vinegar @ Christian Homekeeper Network
Homemade Lotion @ Home Joys
How to Stretch a Chicken to Make Six Meals @ Heavenly Homemakers

Some things that made me happy lately:

A late night talk about love and holiness with my daughter...going out to dinner and shopping with my husband...having my brother and sister-in-law come for a visit...a leisurely window-shopping trip with my daughter in the mall...playing checkers with my older son...cuddling on the bed for a nap with my baby...a night out with my mom...a theological discussion with my preacher dad...playing with magnet letters with my younger son who now recognizes the letter o...watching my baby grin really big when he saw me...attempting to answer my older son's complicated questions...combining a coupon and sale to get Kashi cereal for free ('cause I'm so lazy about couponing and found it in the store)...finally getting my otoscope ('cause I'm weird like that)...et al.*

*“Et al.’ is a scholarly abbreviation of the Latin phrase et alia, which means “and others.” It is commonly used when you don’t want to name all the people or things in a list, and works in roughly the same way as “etc.”(Source)

Note: Using Latin in a blog post makes me feel smart.  

Just humor me.

No, humoring someone does not involving laughing at them.

However, humor is good when it is late, one is tired and must do several more tasks before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the links I will have to check out the homemade lotions.

    ReplyDelete