Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sweetest Day Celebration: Parents and In-Laws


My wonderful, Godly parents

I try not to take it for granted that I have been blessed with wonderful parents. They have devoted their lives to each other first, then to their children and then to ministry. They've always been my cheerleaders, confidantes and dearest friends. As I have become a parent, I realize just how much they sacrificed for me and my siblings over the years. I thank the Lord for this wonderful gift!

Perhaps more amazing is the fact that I am also blessed with great parents-in-law. My husband and I hear couples complaining about their in-laws and we just don't get it. We both felt like we received a second set of parents when we got married. My in-laws treat me like part of the family. Sometimes when my mother-in-law and I are together shopping people think I'm her daughter. Again, I realize that not everyone is so blessed, so I thank the Lord for my parents-in-love.

TODAY...thank the Lord for your parents and in-laws. Call each of them and tell them how much they mean to you. If you have a bad relationship with any of them, do something today to build bridges in the relationship no matter how small. Our relationships are the greatest treasure we have here on earth. Let's cherish and grow them!

THEN...leave me a comment telling me why your mother, father, mother-in-law, or father-in-law is the best in the world.

REMEMBER...that we are born AND adopted into the family of God and He is our Heavenly Father who loves us and gave His very best for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment