Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saving the Best for Last...


My Man preparing to sing at a wedding

I talk alot about marriage because I feel very passionate about the subject. There are too many marriages crumbling around me to ignore or get complacent about it. Feminism has taken a toll on too many men and women and rendered the perfect marriage (if it allows for marriage at all) a complete opposite picture than the one outlined in God's Word. So, I talk about it and the one I have married often. I told you here how we met and gave you reasons I love being married to my husband here. It has been over 10 years since we said "I do" at the altar and it gets better all the time. He is just simply wonderful, and I am so very blessed to have him and to be his!

TODAY...do something special for your spouse and let him know how much you appreciate him.

THEN...leave me a comment telling me how your husband exemplifies Christ.

REMEMBER...Christ is returning for His Bride, the Church, any moment! What joy when we are together with Him forever!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post! I feel so sorrowful when other marriages don't work out...it makes me afraid for my own sometimes... just have to obey the Lord and pray daily! I love love LOVE my DH...one way He exemplifies Christ would be forgiveness... he forgives me all the time, even before I ask! He is also patient...something he needs when living with someone like me. I fail more than I care to admit...but the Lord's grace in enough for everyday. Thank you for this post. It's always good to be reminded about how blessed I am!
    Jerusha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am just catching up on your blog after some time away and wanted to comment on this post. My husband is ridiculously patient and even-tempered. Despite my antics and sometimes wild emotions he is steady and patient with me. What a special gift! Also, I think one of the reasons so many marriages fail is because they were entered into ill-advisedly in the first place. If only our culture valued singleness for the blessing it is maybe people wouldn't feel so compelled to pair off indiscriminately. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete