Friday, May 29, 2009
Friday Fave Five
1. Open windows on a cool, early morning. It's such a nice breeze and the birds sing so sweetly before the sun has had a chance to heat up the house.
2. My VitaMix. I know I've told you how much I love this machine for smoothies, but did I mention it also makes hot soup from raw ingredients in 5 minutes, ice cream (also from raw ingredients) in less than 2 minutes, grinds flour, makes mayo in less than 1 minute, and grinds/purees anything for baby food? It even cleans itself! I got this for free, but it is becoming so valuable, I'm thinking I'll have to replace it if it ever goes bad! (No, I do not get a commission from VitaMix...I just seriously love it!)
3. Long weekends. We had productive fun this weekend. Saturday we cleaned up the yard (sore muscles from raking!), Monday we had a cookout and played basketball (sore muscles--again!), and Tuesday we ran errands as a family, took our first Spring Hiking Spree walk and cleaned the basement.
4. A husband that writes me notes. In church. That make me blush. In the middle of my sermon notes. Don't worry, I already confessed to the pastor. He understood. :-)
5. Free sandwiches. This is a great thing to post during healthy eating week, but I got a coupon for a free Arby's Beef 'n' Cheddar sandwich. And, I love Arby's Beef 'n' Cheddar sandwiches. And my husband was late for supper so we got hungry. What would you have done?