Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Book and Link Week: Children

Disclaimer: If you read anything that I've recommended here, please don't check your brain at the door. The only infallible book is the Word of God, so my recommendation does not mean that everything in these books is necessarily correct or that I agree with everything that is in them.

The Heart of Homeschooling by Christopher Klicka was a great book to remind me why I homeschool and how it can impact the world evangelistically. The quote I keep hearing in my mind from this book is "Life is too short and hell is too long."

Children are Wet Cement by Anne Ortlund is an old book but still very relevant to today's parents. I love how she stressed that we enjoy our children and that she was brave enough to put her four children's thoughts in the book as well.

Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends by Sarah, Stephen and Grace Mally was a delightful book that could be read with your children. Two sisters and a brother (all under age 20, I believe) wrote this book about getting along with siblings--something that is much needed in our home at this time!

This link convicted me as well as Michelle, whose blog directed me to it:
First Time and With a Cheerful Attitude for Mothers

These posts from Large Family Mothering, were thought-provoking:
What A Waste! and Slavery

This was very helpful as well:
20 Tips For Finding Your Routine With Kids

I can't wait to try some of these games:
Great Learning Games

And finally, as you celebrate Easter with you children, here are some great thoughts:
Filling Those Easter Baskets

No comments:

Post a Comment