Sunday, June 16, 2013

Teaching Small People About Tiny People

Our church recently completed a unique drive.  It's called the "baby bottle campaign" and its purpose is to raise funds for our state's right to life organization.  The baby bottles are passed out to church families on Mother's Day, filled with change (or "soft money"), and then collected on Father's Day - drawing attention to the fact that both a mother and a father are involved in creating a child's life...and that both are invaluable in making a child's life complete.  The campaign is unique and keeps the right to life issue in the forefront of people's minds.

I receive a "mom-tips/devotional" via email from MomLife Today (a division of FamilyLife Today) and this past week one posting included some creative and sweet ways to introduce or reestablish the value of an unborn baby's life to our children.  I loved some of these ideas and thought you all might as well. These ideas could also easily be incorporated into a Sunday School or children's church setting.  Click here to read the article in its entirety, then if you would like to, feel free to share here on this posting ideas of activities you have used with your children to reinforce this concept that is so vitally important in our world today! 

Thank you to all who take the time to read this blog regularly and especially to those who take time to let us know you are out there!  May God bless you as you continue your ministries for the Kingdom and as you enjoy these hectic summer months with your families!

 
Remembering the tiniest ones,
 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Shawna! Would you believe I JUST found this blog? I was delighted to see you as a contributor....you already had my respect on several different levels! :-). I will never forget your kindness to me at McPherson camp. Thank you for your words here...I look forward to following this blog on a regular basis. We pray for your family. Love, Janice H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this blog, Shawna! You already had my respect on several different levels so I was delighted to see you as a contributor. My heart had just been longing for a good blog like this.....so glad to find it! Keep up the good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice, you are too kind! This blog has been and is a wonderful one, and I am honored to be a small part of it. There are many different types of postings here, so read to your heart's content! Lol! Thank you for your prayers for our family and email me if you'd like and we can try to stay in touch a bit better. If you don't have my personal address, you can email Michael and we'll get it to you. God bless your sweet family and all you are doing way far away out there on the west coast! =)

    ReplyDelete