Wednesday, April 17, 2013

We're One in Suffering (Praying for the Victims of the Boston Bombing)

I had planned to share something else with you this week but, in light of the tragedy in Boston on Monday, I decided to wait on that post.

I had been writing down a list of history worksheets and time figures to print out and had taken a break to check Facebook when I saw the first reports of the bombing near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. My heart hurt as I read of the dead, bleeding and broken people who just moments before had been celebrating the event, oblivious to the danger they were in. As I saw the photos and read the accounts my anger grew toward those responsible for such a heinous, cowardly deed. I simply could not, cannot fathom why anyone would do something so evil.

attribution
Of course, the accusations and conspiracy theories are flying thick and fast. Everyone has an opinion and they're quick to share it via social media. It's easy to get sucked into that. But, sometimes, I think we need to stop everything and take a moment to put aside our differences and opinions...politically and otherwise...and just weep with those who weep.

Please, if you haven't already, take some time to pray for those who were affected by the bombings in Boston, as well as those who are suffering all around you. Let's offer ourselves as God's instruments, His hands, reaching out in every way we can.

attribution




No comments:

Post a Comment