Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sufficient Grace

2 Corinthians 12:9a
And he said unto me, My GRACE IS SUFFICIENT for thee...


Over the past several weeks, God has allowed my husband and I to go through something we never thought we would ever face... it was a dark time in our lives.  However, God did not allow us to walk through that valley alone.  He was with us every step of the way and gave us the Grace we needed to make it through...

During this time, the words of a song kept going through my mind..."I'm finding new grace I've not needed before.  Grace not yet discovered.  Grace not yet uncovered.  New grace I've not needed before.  Grace to cross the river, grace to face forever.  I'm finding new grace I've not needed before."  God never promised us that life would be easy.  But He did promise that He would be with us and give us the grace we needed to make it through.  We can truly say that His Grace IS sufficient.

Maybe you have passed through a dark valley and felt the overwhelming sense of despair begin to creep in around you.  Just look up to Jesus and He will show you the way through.  He will never leave us, nor forsake us.  What a promise from the God who never fails!


Joanna LaVan

1 comment:

  1. Joanna, I have heard about your crisis as your sister-in-law (I believe) attends the same church as some relatives of ours. As I read your post, the words to the little-known third verse of the song "He Giveth More Grace" came to mind. This song, this verse especially, has brought much comfort to me over the past two years of our own crisis...

    Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
    Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
    Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;
    The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.
    His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
    His power no boundary known unto men;
    For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
    He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

    I like to think that the first line of the verse refers not only to physical need but also emotional and spiritual needs for renewal. God has proven time and time again to my heart that He CAN and WILL meet any and all needs! When my strength physically or emotionally fades and fails, God is so good to renew that strength from His vast, unending resources!!! May God be especially near to each of you during this time of difficulty and loss...

    ReplyDelete