Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thrills of Love

We love Him, because He first loved us. I John 4:19
Big red heart & smaller heartsHas it ever occurred to you that it thrills our precious Saviour to hear us express our love simply to Him?  I know it brings joy to my mommy heart when one of my children slip their arms around me and whisper, “I love you, Mommy!” There is nothing better than to have love communicated without asking for it. The same is true in our adoration of God. He does not beg for it, but it brings happiness when He hears His children voice their deep devotion.

Just as much as the Lord likes to hear our voices, He also, likes to dominate our thoughts. During our alone time with God it is important to focus totally upon Him. Words do not have to be said, but a singular focus upon the mighty power of God generates joy for Him. This same thing is displayed within the mommy world. I enjoy snuggling with my children…simple, quiet times are delightful to know they are engrossed in love from their mother. I treasure these moments in the same way God does.
Only a mother can bring peace to a child in pain or devastated by a childish spat. Many times have I had a child climb in my lap distressed by circumstances that have just taken place and consolation was given.  Often I have found that only God can bring peace to my shattered heart. I would be comforted by loving arms of mercy that were holding me.
Actions speak louder than words! How often have we heard this saying? It is so true! When my children obey and display the actions I have attempted to train them in, then I feel rewarded. God is my loving Heavenly Father and is pleased when my deeds are showing forth the lessons I have learned from His hand. Like mother, like daughter! Like Father, like son! Another familiar saying often said. Apply this to our spiritual life….are we like our Father? It is good to hear when my child takes after a good characteristic in me, but even better when I am told that I am Christ like.  Oh what a thrill to be like my dear, precious Heavenly Father who I love with all my heart.

 
-Tonya

1 comment: