Thursday, February 2, 2012

Some Homeschooling Humor

I pulled in the driveway from gym class, and my children started piling out. They had been playing hard for nearly two hours with a group of 60 kids. I was tired. They were not. A few neighbor kids rushed into the yard, and the playing continued.

As I turned to get the baby out of his car seat, I saw my elderly neighbor walking down the sidewalk. After a few minutes of chit chat, he said something about where my children went to school. When I mentioned they were homeschooled, he was very disturbed. He began a lecture about how children need other children and how they just are not socialized well at home. I hid a smile as I thought about how my children had interacted with other kids more in 2 hours that I ever did in a whole day of conventional school.

This is just one of the many things homeschoolers hear from people who don't homeschool. You've probably already seen this, but if you'd like a good laugh; here are a few others in this video: Seven Lies About Homeschoolers.

If you liked Tim Hawkins' Homeschool Family, you might like his Homeschool Blues as well. 

As I've said before, if my children behave less than perfectly, don't blame it on home schooling and I won't blame your child's behavior on government schooling. We can all just chalk it up to them having less than perfect parents! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment