Not sure what that is? Well, I wasn't either, so I checked out her blog post linked above and here are the official rules for this award:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
- Tell your readers seven (7) things about yourself.
- Give this award to fifteen (15) recently discovered bloggers.
- Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news.
1. I dislike small talk. It always seems pointless to me to chat about the weather when it's already obvious. So, although I ramble a lot, I like it to be about something. :-)
2. I didn't play with baby dolls much when I was little. Maybe that's why I was rather at a loss when being handed my firstborn.
3. I didn't go to college. I was having too much fun meeting and marrying the guy of my dreams. Now, 12 years later, I see it was all in God's perfect plan for me!
4. I have to remind myself to hug my kids. It's not that I don't want to, I'm just not a very "touchy" person, so I don't think about it.
5. As a teenager, I would have rather sang in front of 1,000 people than stepped up to bat in a softball game with my peers.
6. I don't like surprises! If something is not planned ahead of time, I tend to get flustered. I'm working on this...
7. Except for a brief lapse in my mid-teen years and early in marriage, I always wanted 4 children with names all starting with the same letter.
Now, I'll share 15 recently discovered bloggers with you:
- Grace Full Mama - Learning to embrace life with grace and truth. I used to follow Joy on Stay-a-Home Missionary, so I'm so glad she's back in the blog world!
- Holy Spirit-led Homeschooling - I love the spiritual emphasis she places on homeschooling, because there's no way I could do it without Him!
- Whole New Mom - Real Food and Healthy Living – in a Whole New Way. I've learned so many delicious and simple (and budget-friendly!) recipes for our real food lifestyle from Adrienne.
- Sacred Mundane - I like Kari's devotional thoughts and the title of her blog just really hits home. God is in the small things of life!
- Doorposts of Your House - Such spiritual but practical advice for parenting!
- Frantically Simple - Heidi's humor cracks me up and she is a junk food addict turning real foods like me. Enough for me to like her and recommend her blog to you!
- A Delightful Home - Creating Peace and Joy Where It Matters Most. Exactly my goal for my home, too!
- Contented at Home - A newer blog by a new friend, Judy, which I find very inspiring (both Judy and her blog are inspiring, that is)!
- Macheesmo - Learning to Be Confident in the Kitchen. As a fledgling cook, I enjoy many of Nick's recipes so simply done and explained.
- Real Food, Allergy Free - Nancy and I commiserate occasionally about our children plagued with eczema. I applaud her efforts to raise at least that child completely "top 8" free!
- The Purposed Heart - Mindy's about page states: "The Purposed Heart is my little space on the internet to encourage other women in their faith, their kitchens, their homes, and their hearts." Sounds like just what I need! How about you?
- The Homeschool Classroom - So many neat ideas and much encouragement!
- Train Them Diligently - Mission: Enabling parents and grandparents to share and learn contemporary applications of Deuteronomy 6:7.
- Like a Bubbling Brook - What happens when a woman with a master's degree stops her doctoral work to stay home with her kids to school them? Check out Jaime's blog about faith, family and whole foods to find out!
- I Take Joy - What mother aspiring to be God's best doesn't admire the sweet spirit of Sally Clarkson? Although I'm a long time reader of her books, I just recently began reading her blog posts. They do not disappoint.
Whew! That took awhile! Now I'm off to tell all of these bloggers about the nomination.