Thursday, October 20, 2011

Keeping your Home Under Control

One of the ways to keep your home a place of comfort and peace is to keep things organized and clean. However, we all know that is easier said than done sometimes! There are a few easy ways that will help to keep things under control that don't take up a lot of time. They only require daily doing. I thought I would share with you a few tips I have learned along the way. Simple things that make a BIG difference!





#1 Clorox Wipes: I keep a container of these under my bathroom sinks for easy access. After we are finished in the bathroom for the morning, I just quickly wipe down the surfaces and fixtures. Saves time on serious scrubbing later!




#2 Consistent Pick-Up: Each morning (as a general rule), as a part of my routine, I quickly walk through the main rooms (for us, it's the kitchen and living room) and pick up the clutter that doesn't belong there and return it to it's "home". By doing it regularly, you avoid the last-minute rush when unexpected visitors show up on your doorstep!



#3 Spray and Wash: This has become one of my allies against those "impossible to remove" stains. When I use linen napkins and tablecloths for company they sometimes appear as if they are completely destroyed after the meal! But a good scrubbing with spray and wash can get even some of the toughest stains out!




These are just a few of the ways I use to keep my home "under control". What little tips work for you?



Joanna LaVan is a child of the King, wife to her incredible husband, adoring aunt "nana" to her four favorite little people, and Pastor's wife to their Church people in Virginia. Her desire is to share with the world the wonderful reality of sins forgiven. In her spare time she enjoys Kayaking, reading, occasional scrapbooking, cleaning, blogging, and spending time with her wonderful family. She blogs about her life's happenings, and passions at www.lukeandjoannalavan.blogspot.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment