1. Brown a pound of ground beef (grass fed is best
2. While it cooks, add 1 teaspoon of each of the following spices: chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. (This blend recommended by Anne Elliott.) If you like more heat, add crushed red pepper flakes, too.
3. When beef is completely browned and spices are mixed in, sprinkle with corn starch and add some water. Bring to a boil and simmer until water is absorbed.
4. While the beef is simmering, chop up/prepare the following toppings: tortilla chips (as few ingredients as possible, non-GMO preferred
5. Let everyone "build their own" taco salad at the table. My kids like to come up with creative combinations. I don't consider it playing with their food if they actually eat it.
If you don't wait until the last minute, like I usually do, this is an excellent and easy addition to this meal: Oven Brown Rice.
How do you make taco salad?