Friday, December 17, 2010

Meals and Memories

Meals...
Monday - Italian Chicken over Rice or Noodles, Green Beans
Tuesday - Cheeseburgers, Cheddar Potato Strips, Corn
Wednesday - Chunky Potato Soup, Amish White Bread
Thursday - Venison Steaks with this marinade, Baked Potatoes, Broccoli
Friday - Spaghetti with Red or White Sauce, Salad, Garlic Bread

My family is split down the middle as far as preferring rice or noodles and red or white sauce, therefore we just do both! We're not always balanced enough to have 3 different meats and 2 meatless meals in one week. :-)

Memories...
Being in the school Christmas play and mouthing everyone's words...when my grandparents would spend way too much money on us and cry as we opened our gifts (from joy, they told us!)...the first Christmas after I started dating my husband when he brought gifts not only for me but for our whole family...using our Christmas money the first Christmas we were engaged to shop for our tree and decorations the day after Christmas...our first Christmas married when we went to Oglebay, West Virginia and bought a special ornament for our new tree......my first Christmas holding a baby and feeling a little of what Mary must have felt...my mom saying, "Let's just have Christmas tonight--everything's wrapped!" a week before Christmas...driving around town to see the best Christmas lights displays...attending the Christmas Holiday Pops concert with my husband...watching my kids in the Christmas program at church...Christmas dinner with all the family in.

No comments:

Post a Comment