Monday, November 22, 2010

What I Did For Jesus Today

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:  
Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 
Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. 
--Matthew 25:34 - 40 (KJV)
I woke this morning and prepared breakfast for Jesus. I served Him grilled toast with a circle cut out of the middle and filled with an egg--a dippy one. He also had some grapefruit that I cut with a knife and dug out of the peel in individual triangles. Some mornings I grumble a bit when I make Him breakfast. I get tired of custom orders and getting the eggs just right or making sure I bought the right cereal. 
I filled a sippy cup and two "big kid" cups for Jesus this morning. Sometimes I sigh a bit when I do this. It seems like He is always thirsty. 

I helped Him dress this morning. I ironed 3 outfits and helped with shoes and socks and a few diapers. Sometimes I rush around doing this and snap impatiently as He takes His time dressing and I need to get out the door.

Last week, I held Him as He raged with fever and gave Him medicine to help keep Him comfortable. I let Him sleep through the day and fed him a cookie at midnight when He finally started to feel better. Sometimes I resent this and groan inwardly when I have to have my plans disrupted for sickness. 
I went to bed at 1:30 this morning. Jesus wanted to spend time with me instead of sleeping. We spent time together again at 5:00 and I had to be up at 7:00. I was a bit cranky and wished He would just go to sleep and leave me alone.
Are you thinking of me what I thought of myself when I read this Scripture? How could I treat Jesus in such a way? How could I ever feel resentful when He needs me or asks something of me? How could I not be joyful when I serve Him a drink or care for His pain? 
Yet, often I am tempted to complain when I minister to the "least of these" I have been given--one girl, two active boys and a baby. Lord, help me again and again to look into those little faces and realize that, in giving of myself to them, I am giving of myself to my blessed Savior! 

How are you doing with your "least of these" today?
 

1 comment:

  1. I just want to tell you how much I love your blog! You so frequently give me something of importance to think on! Thank you and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete