Sunday, June 6, 2010

Easing Back in with a New Challenge!

Dear Readers,
How I've missed you! :-) We are busy around our house with summer plans and to be honest; some carefree, lazy days here and there. I'm not going to let blogging take over a ton of my time this summer because I still am finding focus like I wrote about here.

However, marriage has been a lot on my heart and mind lately. I've been reading and re-reading some classic, Bible-based books on the subject. I've grieved over hearing of a few more marital breakups in recent months.

If you've read my blog very long at all, you know that I take marriage very seriously. It is such a beautiful picture of Christ and the Church, His Bride; that to have a marriage other than the Biblical model is blasphemous to Him! Besides this is the fact that so many women and men go through the motions every day without the joy and love they could experience.

I realize that I am just a newlywed in a lot of your minds. If you are rolling your eyes and saying, "Just wait 'til you've been married 20 years! You'll see it's not possible to have a long, happy, loving marriage." First of all, please allow me to be disillusioned if this is the case, because the past 11 years have been the happiest of my life (and I had a very happy childhood with Godly parents), and I don't want to think it will end. Secondly, if that is the case, I see it nowhere in the Scripture. I see passages that describe exactly the opposite when a couple is sold out for God and committed deeply to each other.

For this reason, I will be posting on Mondays as part of the Completing Him Challenge on the Women Living Well blog. I think that no matter how good a marriage is, it can always be improved upon. This is part of what makes being married so exciting!

So, I'm accepting Courtney's challenge and I hope you will, too, whether you are a blogger or not. Today, I'm just announcing that I will be participating. If you want to see the whole schedule for the summer, you can go to the link above or click the button below.


As for me, I might add another day here or there as I feel I can and should. For now, I will try this challenge on Mondays and see where it leads.

With Much Joy,
Jennifer

5 comments:

  1. Hooray Jen! I am so glad you are joining us!!! I know there will be so much we can learn from you as you share!!

    I just prayed for you as I read through your post - may God richly bless your marriage this summer!
    Much Love,
    Courtney
    http://www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I LOVE your heart! Please feel free to link up over at Ordinary Inspirations. I think it would encourage a lot of women!

    I'm now following your blog! Nice to meet you!

    http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2010/06/love-notes-revisted-and-hope.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am completing this challenge also and wanted to invite you here: Please join me on Pursuit of Titus 2 for a blog party that you can not miss!!! I am hosting a True Woman Manifesto Blog Party courtesy of Revive Our Hearts with Nancy Leigh Demoss. Please, I encourage you to link up with this blessed event. Click the link below to find out more and I hope to see you ALL there! May God Bless you!!! It is time for us as women to embrace our Biblical role as women, wives and mothers according to Titus 2 and Proverbs 31...We need to take back what the feminist movement tried to start in destroying our Biblical roles and get back to what GOD said through HIS word! I Hope to see you there!

    http://www.pursuitoftitus2.com/2010/06/new-for-titus-2-tuesday-true-woman.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited to be doing this challenge with such passionate women for Christ!

    ReplyDelete