Friday, December 18, 2009

Planning for a Joy-Filled 2010: Daily Habits

Remember that brainstorming session I had? Well, I decided to translate some of those things into my everyday to do list. Now, I realize that every moment of my day cannot be full of bliss. However, I narrowed it down to 12 habits that are essential for living out my day with purpose and intentional joy. No, I'm not going to tell you what they are. However, you may find this a useful exercise as well. (Incidentally, if you're getting tired of these planning posts, this is the last one and we'll move on to more exciting things next week!)

  • Look at your brainstorming list of things that bring you joy.
  • Look at your goals for the year.
  • Think of small things you can do daily to add joy and accomplish your goals.
  • Write them down.
There you have your daily habits. If you do these things every day, you will have experienced intentional joy and you will have met at least some of your goals by the end of 2010. At least, that's what I'm hoping for! Meet me back here in a year and we'll see how it went!

What about you? Do you have some daily habits to add this year? Care to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment