Thursday, September 3, 2009

Our School Schedule

I love to read others' schedules and get ideas. I've pulled ours together from lots of these ideas, so I thought I'd share it with you. The only times we really try to stick to are rising, bedtime and mealtimes. The rest is pretty loosely structured. This has become a full week of home school posts! I promise, I'll get to other things when I get back, so if you don't home school, just hang in there.

5:30 - My morning routine which includes getting Jeff off to work, devotions, workout and getting dressed

8:00 - Wake up Jessica and start her on her morning routine (more about this another time). Part of her routine is waking Jeffery and starting him on his routine and doing preschool with him. I help out where needed and do my work on the computer.

9:00 - Breakfast

9:30 - School Time: We try to fit in Bible, Math, Reading, English, Spelling and Handwriting before lunch with a few quick chore breaks.

12:00 - Lunch

12:30 - School Time: We do P.E., Heritage Studies or Science (one per semester), and our extra subject (Art, Music, Home Ec) after lunch. One day a week we do library and errands and another day we do piano lessons.

3:00 - Baths and quiet time/Snack

Kids get free time on the computer while I prepare supper and finish up chores.

6:00 - Supper

My evening routine which includes all those things you already know about to get ready for the next day and computer time if possible.

8:00 - Bedtime routine: kids get a story together and prayer, but they go to bed 15 minutes apart--youngest to oldest. I try to have time alone with each of them before bed.

9:00 - Kids in Bed/My free time/Time with Jeff

10:30 - Lights Out (I try really hard! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment