Thursday, July 23, 2009

House Rules

After the little session I talked about in Tuesday's post, we made up some house rules to help us. I knew with younger children, they had to be easy to remember. The kids helped me word each in a way that would be easy for them to do so. I'm sure there are many more we could add, but that will come later. Here's what we came up with so far:

1. If you make a mess, clean it up.
2. Use things the right way. (i.e. do not use the couch as a trampoline)
3. Only run outside.
4. Save yelling and screaming for emergencies.
5. If you want something, say it once.

If you have older children, you might be interested in this list:

Duggar house rules

What about you? Have you made house rules? Are they written down? Please share yours with us!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the thoughts on the home this week! I was wondering about some things. I have an almost 2 year old and 1 month old. I often try to come up with a "routine" or schedule because my 2 year old often gets bored and then things go in a downward spiral after that. Since you've been through those toddler years I was hoping for any ideas or advice you may have on it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. our house rules are:
    1 - respect the door! if it;s shut knock !
    2-listen when someone is speaking
    3-no hitting
    4-no yelling
    5-pick up any mess you make
    6-no bad words
    7-no school or obedience = no privleges

    yes they are written down. :)

    ReplyDelete