I finally read a copy of the e-book I had on my computer, Secrets of Fascinating Womanhood by Helena Andelin. You can download your own free copy here.
Even if you have a wonderful marriage, there are things to learn in this book to make it even better. Some of the things you have heard before, but others might surprise you. It is written in story form, but there are 10 secrets given in the story, as the subtitle says, "to show you how to unlock all the love and tenderness in your man." This is a must read especially if you have a struggling marriage.
I didn't wholeheartedly agree with the book. Although Mrs. Andelin stresses that men appreciate our natural appearance, I would take it a step or two further as a matter of my and my husband's personal choice. I also wasn't too sure about the last step on how to handle our anger towards our husband. My husband prefers that I talk to him about what is making me angry, but the secret almost sounded manipulative.
You'll have to tell me what you think after reading it. All in all, it's a great book and one that might save a lot of women a lot of grief (and men, too!) in their marriages.
Now a few links for you regarding growing your marriage. A good, Godly marriage is priceless! Cultivate and grow it as a top priority in your life.
- Michelle from She Looketh Well talks about Praying for our Man
- Courtney at Women Living Well gives us Five Steps for dealing with bitterness towards our husband
- Kelly from Generation Cedar answers the question, "Does Biblical marriage only work if your husband is nice?"
- Also from Kelly....Michelle Obama's marriage is making feminists mad?!?
- And one more from Kelly about what it means to be one flesh