Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Links and Book Review: Joy in Homemaking Edition

I have many homemaking books on my shelf and on my book wishlist, but I chose two downloadable FREE books to review this week. So, you can check them out as well.

The first is The Joyful Christian Homemaker that you can download from the right sidebar here. The scenario that the book opens with sounded a little too good to be true to me (as does the famed Proverbs 31 woman), but a great ideal to work towards. No matter where you are in your homemaking, JOY is something that we can start adding right away.

The second book is also about our attitude towards our home but is more from the decorating aspect. You can download It Doesn't Have To Be Perfect To Be Beautiful here. Look under "The Nester Recommends" where it says Free E-book. I loved the quotes she added throughout the book.

I won't add a lot of comments about these books since you can read them for yourselves, but I found them full of practical helps as well as encouragement.

Now, here are more links about joy in homemaking:

Finding Joy In The Journey
A good example of someone with joy in the everyday
Serving God in the Mundane
A Letter from a Mom to Her Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment