Thursday, January 1, 2009

Once Upon a Blog

Fairy tales. Every little girl dreams of a poor maiden in rags being transformed into a princess. The handsome prince. The beautiful palace. Leaving an old life of drudgery behind and embracing the royal life. Then she grows up, and real life takes over and the fairy tales are a distant memory. I think that's very sad and perhaps the beginning of the destruction of marriages, the family and women living out their Biblical calling. A stretch? I don't think so, because it happened to me.

I was a girl in rags--the rags of my own righteousness. I was transformed by meeting the King of Kings. He sacrificed His own life to make me, a poor wretch, His very own bride. I pledged to love Him and be His forever in gratitude for what He did for me. He provided me with my own handsome prince who loves me with Christ's love. He gave us blessings, three adorable children, to love and train and nurture. He has given me my own castle to keep as the wife of this prince and the mother of these children. I am living a dream come true.

Now, I know feminists will try to tell us differently. And someone will always point out those days when we have a disagreement with our husband, have whiny and disobedient kids or have a mountain of laundry to deal with. However, the key to it all is attitude. I can moan and complain when bad days come...and they will. Or, I can embrace every part of my life with joyful thanksgiving because the good far outweighs the bad.

I'm not here to teach you how to keep a perfectly clean home or how to train your children to always exhibit perfect behavior or how to never be upset with your husband. There's plenty of advice out there. My goal is to reach past the mind, already overloaded with information, to the heart. I'm not the general barking orders or even the recruiter giving advice. I'm in the trenches with you dodging enemy bullets and fighting with all that is in me for my marriage and kids.

If you get nothing else from this blog, I want you to leave with an attitude of JOY! We have much reason for joy, even in the worst of circumstances, because someday we will go away to live with the King of Kings forever--now that is living joyfully ever after!

With Joy,
Lady Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment