Friday, July 27, 2012

How to Save Money on New Kids' Clothes

I realize that children's clothing (Baby ones especially) are not worn that long and when they are worn they will more than likely get stained with spit up, grass, mustard etc.  So why buy new clothes when they are just going to get ruined the first time they are worn, right?  Well, it is a well-known fact that parents generally buy their children's clothing at thrift stores or yard sales for this very reason.  There is nothing wrong with that, however, I still enjoy getting brand new clothes for my daughter occasionally.  If I can get brand new for the same price (or cheaper!) than what I can buy used, then why not just get new?!  I know, you're thinking, "dream on!".  But it IS possible!

Just recently, I bought my daughter skirts for $1.99 and $3.99 at well-known, name brand stores.  I will pay that usually at thrift stores or yard sales for used stuff!  These were clothing items that will last a long time and still be nice in the future for any other girls God may see fit to bless us with.

How can you do this? Simple.  A lot of stores offer a free Rewards program.  You know, they give you a card to scan each time you make a purchase in their store.  This also puts you onto their email and mailing list through which they will send you upcoming sales and coupons.  I have found this to be extremely valuable!

Another way to save big on new clothes is to wait until certain times of the year (Holidays, End-of-Season, Back-to-School Etc) and buy ahead!  I know, it's hard to think past the next minutes sometimes but... this is a good way to get things at a fraction of the cost, so it's worth it!

I have also found some amazing deals at Outlet stores!  To be honest, I used to think Outlets were over-rated (and maybe some are).  But if you watch you can get some good deals at some big name brand stores! Again, your best opportunity would be around those special occasion days.

Hopefully this will help you as you shop for those little people in your life that seem to grow another foot every time you turn your back! ;0)  It has worked for me, I hope it works for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment