Monday, June 4, 2012

My Quest to Sip and Savor

I sat in my usual spot at the coffee shop, steaming coffee and a slice of cake on the table in front of me. I was there to reexamine my priorities.  I wrote down some goals then crossed some out.

Then, I took a bite of cake. I put my fork down and slowly chewed, relishing the sweetness on my tongue. I glanced at my list, and realized that I needed to savor life like that. Life had gotten a little overwhelming. I felt like I was wolfing it down without it much touching my taste buds.

Before I picked up my fork again, I took a sip of coffee. Just a sip. And I realized that I had been gulping the moments with my husband, with my children, and with other loved ones.  There was so much more to enjoy, yet I was always rushing to the next thing.

So, in my new resolve to sip and savor life to its fullest, we've done a few "slower" things lately:


How about you? What have you done lately to sip and savor life?


No comments:

Post a Comment