Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Breakfast in Bed

At the risk of sounding like a real whiner I must admit that I don't feel  much like posting today. I've spent the past two days in bed, pretty much, and I think I could stand another week of sleep. (Okay, okay. So that's a slight exaggeration. But it could't hurt, could it?) So, this post will be short and to the point. If I can think of a point. No, really...I do have one.

This morning, I was treated to something rare; breakfast in bed. It looked something like this:


Highly nutritious and well-balanced? No. (Well, I considered it pretty balanced. After all, it was comprised of everything chocolate.) But it was packed with love and that's even better. My sweet little girl knows what Mommy likes and wanted to do something special for me, so she lovingly prepared this tray and served it up with plenty of hugs, kisses, and "I love you Mommy"s. The Oreos are even in the shape of a smiley face. See? :)  And, knowing how thoughtful and attentive she is, I'm sure she selected both mug and straw carefully. She knows I love that mug, and she knows I love red, hence the red-striped straw. Of course she didn't forget the straw! Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Not at all! Thinking of the love my sweet daughter put into that little breakfast warms my heart.

Sometimes we wonder if our little ones are really getting it. Does everything we say go in one ear and out the other? Do they comprehend what we try to teach them about loving one another, servant-hood,  and showing kindness? Are they growing up to be self-centered and self-serving in spite of our best efforts? 

And then, there are these moments, and we're reassured. Thank God for reassurance...and for sweet little girls like mine. 

                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment