Since we're approaching Christmas, and a lot of us are putting our kitchens to use with all of that extra baking, I thought we might start with that space first. Not all of these ideas are original with me, but I found them helpful, so I'm passing them on to you!
- Minimize What You Have: Have extra dishes or cookware lying around that NEVER get used? Why not donate them or give them to someone who WILL put them to good use? That way, there is more space for the items you actually do use!
- Locate Elsewhere: Seasonal dishes or pans that you only use once a year can be stored in the basement, garage or attic where they will be kept safe, but out of your way until you need them.
- Eenie, Meenie, Miney Moe: Keep the utensils and gadgets that you ACTUALLY use and get rid of the rest. Chances are, you'll never need 10 spatulas all at once!
- Purge Regularly: Don't let leftovers, bottles of old sauce, or liquids mold in your refrigerator. Either put them to use, or pitch them in the trash on a regular basis to avoid a moldy mess.
- Consolidate: Why have two bottles of the same cleaner, that are both half full? Combine the extra "like" cleaners to avoid having a full cupboard of half-used bottles.
Also, here is a link to a blog about this very subject that I thought I would share with you! Moms the Word
Joanna LaVan is a child of the King, wife to her incredible husband, adoring aunt "Nana" to her four favorite little people, and Pastor's wife to their Church people in Virginia. Her desire is to share with the world the wonderful reality of sins forgiven. In her spare time she enjoys Kayaking, reading, occasional scrapbooking, cleaning, blogging, and spending time with her wonderful family. She blogs about her life's happenings, and passions at www.lukeandjoannalavan.blogspot.com .