Friday, October 14, 2011

Sweeter Than Honey

No matter how old one is, he would have to agree there is just something lovable about Winnie the Pooh. One just can't help but smile at the antics of that bear "all stuffed with fluff". I've read countless Winnie the Pooh books to my kids. The one thing that we all get from the story is the fact that Pooh loves honey. He doesn't just love honey....he consumes it and it consumes him. He literally seems to have it on his mind all the time.

I think of that when I read about God's Word being " sweeter than honey". Do I get as excited about God's Word as Pooh bear gets about honey? Is it always on my mind? Do I spend time thinking of how I can get more of God's Word?

In the busyness of life, it is easy to forget God's Word once we have had our "quiet time". I don't want to forget. I want to consume as much as I can of the Bible and have it consume me. One verse says, "O taste and see that the Lord is good!" I taste and He certainly is "sweeter than honey"!

No comments:

Post a Comment