Thursday, September 8, 2011

Meet Our New CHILDREN Contributor, Jessica Geise!

In that crazy way of the blogging and online world, I have never met Jessica in real life. Our conversations have been over e-mail and on facebook. We know each other by reading from each other's hearts on our blogs. Even though we've never met in "real life", Jessica and I are kindred spirits right down to our love of books and alliteration. We share the same passion for our children and preparing them for Heaven. Which is why I announce Jessica Geise as the new CHILDREN contributor here on Joy Ever After:


Me: How long have you been married and how many children have you been blessed with?  

Jessica; Derek and I have been married for fourteen years. We have three sweet daughters and one rambunctious son (who is challenging every idea I ever formed about parenting).

Me: What are the ages of your children?
 


Jessica: 12, 9, 6 and 3.

Me: What activities most often fill your days? 


Jessica; Housework, homeschool, and hope (for a more organized day tomorrow!) That's alliteration, right? :)

Me: Name 5 topics you are most passionate about...those subjects that are hard for you to stop talking about once you get started! 


Jessica: Faith, homeschooling,  parenting, books, photography...wait! Only 5?

Me: Realizing that none of us have "arrived" when it comes to any area of Godly womanhood, what topic are you contributing to on Joy Ever After and how do you most want to encourage women in this area?
 


Jessica: My topic is "children". I hope to share tips, etc. but, most importantly, I hope to encourage mothers to take all the time necessary to prepare their hearts and those of their children to follow in the footsteps of Jesus.

Me: Anything else you want our readers to know about you?
 


Jessica: My family is my world.  I love to laugh. I'm very, very imperfect in every way. I frequently blog late at night when the house is quiet...and that can have interesting consequences. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment