Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Quick, Easy, Healthy: Try Something New

I finally did it...I tried "one of those weird health foods" and no it was not tofu! (Cue the shudders!) During my allergen-free experiment, I was allowed brown rice,  which we love, but I was soon ready for another carb.

Photo Credit
So, I got in the bulk bin at my favorite health food store and measured out a few cups of Peruvian quinoa. In case you're wondering, that is pronounced keen-wa. Or, if you are under 6 years old in my house: king-wah! with a karate imitation.

There are lots of delicious-looking recipes online, but I decided to just cook it as basic quinoa so we could really see what it tasted like. Couldn't be any easier:

1. Put 1 cup quinoa into a pan with 2 cups of water.
2. Bring to a boil and boil for 10 - 15 minutes.
3. Fluff with a fork, sprinkle on some sea salt and black pepper, and do your best karate imitation as you enjoy!

This post linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment