Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Two Accomplishments in March

I guess this is beginning to be an end-of-the-month progress report of sorts. At the end of January, I told you about my two best choices. At the end of February, I shared two things I learned. Now I will tell you two of my March accomplishments. If that sounds a bit pompous, you'll soon see that they are pretty basic and my admitting them to you means I will be accountable from now on. (Yikes!)


1. No Fast Food. Yes, I know. I should have done this long ago, but when I looked at my checkbook and saw how much we had gone through the drive-through this year, I purposed that we would go all through March without it. It was great and I'm not going back. My son keeps me accountable, too. I made a deposit at the bank and as I was pulling out, he said accusingly, "Mom! You said no drive-throughs this month!" Being my inquisitive one, he also had to know why no drive-throughs. After I told him about how unhealthy fast food is, he groaned. "You should have never let us have it in the first place, then we wouldn't have started liking it!" I am sufficiently chastised.

2. No Sickness. This is not one of my accomplishments. It is totally God's mercy upon us after having at least one person sick at a time all the previous two months. However, I can't help but wonder if it has alot to do with #1. That and reintroducing our green smoothies!


What accomplishments did you have last month?

No comments:

Post a Comment