Friday, April 15, 2011

Home Keeper's Journal: Disappointment

Today’s Homekeeper’s Journal is all about disappointment.

My biggest kitchen disappointment ……… was a super-easy homemade, soaked bread that my husband didn't care for.

I’ve learned this from disappointment ….. It's part of life that I need to accept and move on.

What I hope my children can learn from disappointment ….. That we control our emotions and emotions should not control us.

Disappointment with people ….. seems to be inevitable, but is easier to bear when we haven't put all our faith in people but have kept it in Christ.

The Bible speaks about disappointment a lot. Here are some verses that give us comfort and strength in the face of disappointment. Choose one and tell how that verse can help you overcome disappointment……

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Philippians 4:6-7

How wonderful that peace can reign in the midst of disappointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment