Friday, March 11, 2011

Christian Homekeeper's Journal: Service


This week’s Homekeeper’s Journal is about Service. Its probably easy for women to understand service. Women learn to serve when they are young and being married and having children teach her even more about service. I’ve never heard a sermon where women were exhorted to go and serve… they already do. A lot of things can happen to our service through the years. We can work on perfecting it of course. Or we can become jaded and serve out of habit and duty rather than the joy of serving.
(Note: The previous paragraph is copied from the christianhomekeeper.org site---it is not my words.)

In my kitchen this week …. I've been trying a few healthier recipes. For the most part they are going over well. I also rearranged some lower drawers so the kids can set my table totally without my help.

Service is/is not something that is on my mind very much because … Service is on my mind, though probably not as much as it should be. When I see my service to my husband and children and others as service directly to Christ, it really changes my perspective!


There are times when my service seems ….. less than joyful. I want the Holy Spirit to help me cultivate more joy in my life and in my service to others.

I know I serve others when I …..put their needs and desires ahead of my own.

My service to others is most like Jesus when ….it is gentle and humble with no agenda but love.

1 comment: