- Disney's Princess Stories have shown me that being faithful in daily work with a sweet attitude gives you a much better chance of getting a prince than competing for the kingdom. (i.e. A shattered glass slipper is much preferred to shattering the glass ceiling! :-)
- Amelia Bedelia has taught me that a good cook trumps an intelligent woman most of the time.
- The Berenstain Bears has taught me just how annoying a know-it-all mom is especially when she treats her husband like one of the kids.
- Curious George has taught me that a child left to himself WILL get in trouble.
- Arthur has taught me exactly what I DON'T want sibling relationships to look like in our home.
- Ramona has given me a glimpse through my child's eyes at some of the perplexities of their world.
- Dr. Seuss has shown me that it's o.k. to be a little silly. (Just beware of letting strange cats in!)
- Little Critter has shown me that every family is special.
What about you? What have you learned from reading to your children?