- Do you want your husband to roll his eyes when talking to his friends and tell them how you are so irresponsible with the money and you shop all the time?
- Would you like him to tell them you are just like a big kid and how he has to keep you in line so you'll be responsible?
- Do you want him to cut you off when you're talking and correct you?
- Do you want him to question your discipline in front of the kids and tell you how you should have done it?
- Do you want him to bug you endlessly about how the laundry really needs caught up and would you do it today because he can't stand it anymore?
- Do you want him to complain when you sit down with a book or in front of the computer because you need to spend time with the family instead of doing something you enjoy sometimes?
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Does the Golden Rule Apply to Marriage?
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." You have probably heard it quoted a million times by Christians and non-Christians alike. We know what it means, at least on an intellectual level. We even try to practice it with our friends and family members most of the time. But, I've been wondering lately, do we practice it in our marriages? Do we really treat our spouses, the ones that are closest and dearest to us, as we want to be treated ourselves?