Thursday, November 5, 2009

Things I Love Thursday - My Vitamix



I know I have already blogged about my wonderful VitaMix here, here and here, but it still was the first thing that came to my mind when I decided to participate in Things I Love Thursday (other than my family, but I've blogged about them even more). I just thought I'd share a few neat things I've done with mine lately. I really think they ought to start paying me for advertising for them or something! :-)

When I feel like making something healthy and yummy, I go to their recipe search page. I just type in what it is I want to make. This recipe for mayonnaise is so incredibly easy, much healthier than store bought with it's 52 ingredients (give or take a few) and tastes just the same. You may be able to use a regular blender for this.We love the strawberry ice cream and the peach ice cream. We love this tomato soup recipe, too! The coolest thing is all of these can be made in less than 5 minutes. My 4-year-old knows exactly how to make a smoothie. I dump in the ingredients and he pushes the controls correctly. I don't think I bought one jar of baby food for my last baby because it was so easy to just puree what we were eating. I even put green smoothies in his sippy cup, much to my mother's chagrin. :-)

I tease sometimes that in case of a fire, this would be one of the first things I would grab. My husband is just hoping that my ancient model doesn't go bad anytime soon because they are quite pricey to replace! My next project is trying to grind flour in it. When I state this, my mother calls me the Little Red Hen. That's o.k.--I'll just "eat it myself!" :-)





2 comments:

  1. I love making green smoothies, so good and nutritious. I make mine with spinach, coconut milk, yogurt, oj concentrate, and whatever frozen berries I have on hand. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted one of these. They are so pricey though. Are they worth it?

    ReplyDelete