Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Week!

We have been busy getting ready for Thanksgiving! It is this coming Thursday for my non-U.S. readers. We visited my husband's family for the weekend--which explains why I did not post anything yesterday. I planned on doing school Tuesday and Wednesday, but almost panicked when I saw my to-do list, so I decided to do away with that idea! :-) You won't be hearing from me this week because I will be doing these things (and probably a few spontaneous ones as well!):

  • Reading A Pioneer Thanksgiving with my kids 
  • Thanksgiving Communion Service at church
  • Taking hot cocoa, coffee, and an as-yet-undecided-quick-and-easy-breakfast-to-go (any ideas???) on our last nature walk of the season Thanksgiving morning
  • Making my dishes for Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's
  • Maintaining that delicate balance between total peace and total chaos
  • Doling out Vitamin C and citrus fruits to keep sniffles at bay (hopefully!)
  • Baking Christmas cookies with my sister
  • Going out for a latte or some other frivolous thing while my sister is in town
  • Christmas shopping---online! No Black Friday, 4 a.m. for me!
So, what am I making for Thanksgiving?
  • Homemade noodles
  • Cheddar Broccoli Salad
  • Cranberry Salad 
  • Granny Smith Apple Pie w/Honey Spiced Whipped Cream
And my contribution to Christmas cookies?
So, you see, I'm going to be a little busy! But, please e-mail me/comment about what you are making/doing/cooking/celebrating this week! I would love to hear it!


With Joy,
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
    Amy
    ps-thanks so much for stopping by the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete