Monday, May 25, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY May 25, 2009...

Outside my window...our newly cleaned up backyard. We spent the weekend tearing out some leaves left over from winter and some small brush and planting flowers.

I am thinking...of all the work to do INSIDE the house now.

I am thankful for...God sparing my brother's life in his motorcycle accident this weekend.

From the learning rooms...we....are....DONE! No more "official" school until fall! Yay!

From the kitchen...I was so tempted to order out pizza when my bread dough failed Saturday (I forgot to click the pan in completely when I put the dough in the bread machine so it sat for the whole dough setting and did nothing. When I ran it again, it was a sticky mess!). However, I took my sticky mess and made pizza dough out of it. Everyone thought it was the best pizza crust yet. :-) Today I have a few things to make to get ready for our picnic...some cupcakes, a veggie tray and boiling some bratwurst for my husband.

I am wearing...my nightgown...still. Hey! It's a holiday.

I am creating...a summer schedule...sorry I don't do many creative things, I guess, unless they involve writing or a computer.

I am going...to my mom's for a picnic.

I am reading...same book as last week, Carbs from Heaven, Carbs from Hell

I am hoping...to relax and have a good time with family today.

I am hearing...footsteps...Jeffery is now awake!

Around the house...we will try to implement our summer schedule and declutter some to get ready for spring cleaning (I'm always a little behind) the next two weeks.

One of my favorite things...coffee shops in the early morning. (No, I'm not there, but I'd like to be...no wait, this is just fine...coffee just finished brewing, Jerrod on my lap and my family just waking up.)

A few plans for the rest of the week: declutter (as I said), start into our summer routine (as I also said), maybe spend time with a friend and playing at the park.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
My grandma's lamp I inherited that I forgot to include in the Snapshots of Joy post.

More Simple Woman's Daybook here.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your post! It is indeed a deep grateful feeling when God spares the life of a loved one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post and enjoyable to read.
    The lamp is a gorgeous treasure - extra special when it's been handed down to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved your post! i too end up wearing my nightgown longer than i "should" :) :)

    ReplyDelete