Monday, May 11, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, May 11, 2009...

Outside my window...the sun is still rubbing sleep out of it's eyes and the birds are singing.
I am thinking...of all I need to do to get ready for my day.

I am thankful for...a beautiful Mother's Day with lots of little surprises from my kids.

From the learning rooms...five more days and counting!

From the kitchen...I made some strawberry muffins this week and need to make some granola for breakfast. We have berries (our favorite, yum!) for our smoothies, too.

I am wearing...my comfy, soft lavendar robe.

I am creating...nothing except ideas in my head for writing and some clothes shopping.

I am going...to Symphony Soup with the whole family this morning and the tea room with my mom this afternoon (our Mother's Day tradition) and to have dinner with my sister and her husband visiting from Virginia--a fun day!

I am reading...I just finished The Joyful Christian Homemaker and am getting ready to start The Christian's Secret to a Happy Life.

I am hoping...to get my kitchen completely cleaned up before I have to leave on all my running and that Jerrod quickly produces a tooth and loses all the congestion before it turns into an ear infection.

I am hearing...the coffee pot brewing my morning coffee...oh wait, it just stopped. Be right back!

Around the house...I decided to postpone my spring cleaning until June (early summer cleaning?) when things slow down a bit. The next few weeks are too hectic to get it done right. I also have some pictures to hang if I can snag my husband for some help this week.

One of my favorite things...sticky kisses and "Mommy, I love you all in my heart" from my 3-year-old.

A few plans for the rest of the week: spending time with my sister who is in just briefly, accompanying a former student at his band concert (blues piece--pray for this rhythm-challenged piano teacher!), seeing a free play with the kids and finishing first grade for the second time (still have 2 more times to go!).

Here is picture thought I am sharing...










My shelf displaying my Mother's Day gifts--yes, the Lego creations are included as special things they made for me. I also got two plants from the kids that they grew at church but they are in another place.

For more Simple Woman's Daybook, visit http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment