Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Guest Post: What is Your Reputation?

Thank you so much for inviting me to your blog!!! My name is Courtney and I have been married to my high school sweet heart for 11 ½ years. I am a mommy of two who will begin homeschooling my 6 and 4 year old this fall. I am a graduate of the Moody Bible Institute with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Evangelism and Discipleship and I LOVE Jesus and want to share him with everyone I know and even people I don’t know. So I have started my blog at www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com and would love for you to stop by! But for now – let’s discuss – your reputation!

What is your reputation?

When people hear the name (insert your own name here) what do they think of? A reputation is what you are known for. Although I share a birthday with Mother Theresa our names clearly bring different images to mind.

I Timothy 5:9-10 tells us specifically what Godly women should be known for. In this passage Paul was explaining to Timothy how to supervise their growing church and how to care for the widows who were in need: “Let a widow be enrolled if she is not less than sixty years of age, having been the wife of one husband and having a reputation for good works; if she has brought up children, has shown hospitality, has washed the feet of the saints, has cared for the afflicted, and has devoted herself to every good work.”.

Now you may wonder why I would use a verse that is in reference to widows to be our guide. But consider for a moment – if a woman of sixty something is to be known for her reputation of good works, wouldn’t that mean that she would have been doing these good works while she was young? So let’s see what she was doing while she was young…

Being faithful to her husband

Bringing up children
Showing hospitality
Washing the feet of saints
Caring for the afflicted
Devoted to every good work

God’s word says this should be a part of a Godly woman’s reputation or what she is known for. Would someone describe you with the list above?

As you receive all the spring ads that will try to sell you new clothing – consider a new kind of adornment for spring – good works! I Timothy 2:10 says women should adorn themselves “with good works, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.”

Are you appropriately adorned for spring as a woman who worships God? If not – get busy working on the list above – there is a lot of work here to do! I know there are days that we may lose our way and wonder what God’s will is for our lives – let me be honest with you – this list above - this is the will of God for your life and when you are living fully for him and serving him in this way – you will be a woman living well!

1 comment:

  1. I want to invite you to the Mommie Daze Virtual Baby Shower that I am hosting May 15 to June 8. This is an international even and there are prizes! Stop by my blog for all the details.

    comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete