Thursday, January 8, 2009

Favorite Reads and Links

I told you this wasn't an advice blog, but I'm happy to point you to those who do give great advice. With all the great information out there online and in the library (my bookstore of choice!), it is hard to narrow it down to a few favorites, but here are my current picks:

Blogs:
Generation Cedar
--I love how Kelly isn't afraid to tackle the controversial issues that are so relevant to us as homemakers.
Preschoolers and Peace
--Kendra is great at scheduling with virtually "unschedulable" under-fives.
Queen of My Trailer
--"Amanda Livenwell's" pen name describes her joyful attitude. I love the upbeat frugal advice on caring for a home whether it be a mansion or a double-wide.
Keeping the Home
--Candy has a mix of Kelly's willingness to bring up controversy and Kendra's great scheduling ability all with her very own flair, of course. Check out her free e-book on the Joyful Christian Homemaker.
Biblical Womanhood
--We all love Crystal's great frugal tips for keeping the home and meal planning.
Making Home
--Jess has a great blog with really great content. I'm always blessed and encouraged and stretched by her articles.
Simple Mom
--Tsh has a cutting-edge blog for moms that call us to the joy of simple living. A wonderful resource.

Websites:
Hillybilly Housewife
--great for meal-planning on a budget
Don Aslett
--my new greatest motivator and resource for cleaning my castle
Taste of Home
--I love to type in a recipe I need and just print it off. I've never had one of their recipes fail, and the magazine is one of the few I pay to subscribe to.
Anne Elliott
--Anne has compiled many resources we need all in one place from marriage to homeschooling to reaching out to a lost world.

Check out my Shelfari in the sidebar for my all-time favorite books.

There are many more, but I'll save some for later. This will get you started!

With Joy,
Lady Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment